Add to Wishlist
Setup & Configure YunoHost on Debian Linux
YunoHost is an operating system aiming for the simplest administration of a server, and therefore democratize self-hosting, while making sure it stays reliable, secure, ethical and lightweight.
- Based on Debian;
- Administer your server through a friendly web interface ;
- Deploy apps in just a few clicks;
- Manage users (based on LDAP);
- Manage domain names;
- Create and restore backups;
- Connect to all apps simultaneously through the user portal (NGINX, SSOwat);
- Includes a full e-mail stack (Postfix, Dovecot, Rspamd, DKIM);
- … as well as an instant messaging server (XMPP);
- Manages SSL certificates (based on Let’s Encrypt) ;
- … and security systems (Fail2ban, yunohost-firewall);
More info: YunoHost.org
What is YunoHost?
Run the install script
Proceed with the configuration
Create a first user
Run the initial diagnosis
Get a Let’s Encrypt certificate
YunoHost is an operating system aiming for the simplest administration of a server, and therefore democratize self-hosting, while making sure it stays reliable, secure, ethical and lightweight. It is a copylefted libre software project maintained exclusively by volunteers. Technically, it can be seen as a distribution based on Debian GNU/Linux and can be installed on many kinds of hardware.
Even if YunoHost can handle multiple domains and multiple users, it is not meant to be a mutualized system. First, the software is too young, not tested at scale and thus probably not optimized well enough for hundreds of users at the same time. With that said, we do not want to lead the software in that direction. Virtualization democratizes, and its usage is recommended since it is a more watertight way to achieve mutualization than a "full-stack" system like YunoHost. You can host your friends, your family and your company safely and with ease, but you must trust your users, and they must trust you above all. If you want to provide YunoHost services for unknown persons anyway, a full VPS per user will be just fine, and we believe a better way to go.
Be the first to add a review.
Please, login to leave a review